Evaluation Criteria for Content Distribution
The independent authority on search vendors, topseos.com, evaluates and ranks the best in the internet marketing industry. Through in-depth vendor analysis, review of work completed, and client evaluation, we put together a list of the top content distribution companies in the industry. Our in-depth analysis delves into a vendor’s business practices and compares them against industry standards to ensure that the work is quality. Often times we connected directly to the clients of a vendor and ask about their overall experience as well as details about the processes, reporting, and success of the campaign.
There are five key areas identified by topseos as significant for a successful social buzz campaign:
The overall feature offering by the vendor evaluates the features that are offered in each package and the value of each package compared between the competitors. We look for a strong offering of necessary features that greatly assist in the generation of social buzz.
Content syndication is also evaluated by investigating distribution channels the vendor uses to distribute content for syndication. Quality of distribution channels along with the overall visibility is measured to ensure usefulness to customers.
The ability to automate submission and content distribution is also evaluated to ensure that clients are able to submit their content, have content verified, and submitted to multiple channels quickly and efficiently in a timely manner without drowning distribution channels with the content.
Quality control refers to the processes set in place to ensure that the content being distributed to channels meets a required level of quality to protect others having content distributed from the negative aspects of unwanted spam content from being distributed to the same channels.
Diversity refers to a strong variation of channels with a wide range of interests for content to be distributed on. Does each vendor have a variety of channels for different types of content to be distributed on with a focus on different types of industries? How varied are their distribution channels.
A few questions that we may ask clients of a social buzz vendor to gauge their level expertise are:
• What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
• What type of ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
• What would be three things you would change about your experience?
• What was your total investment?
• Rate you overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Product Specific Queries
• How quick were you able to find your own content on distribution channels?
• How much reporting was done to provide a status of the content being distributed?
• Were you satisfied with how content was being portrayed through different channels?
• What is your overall perception of content being distributed through the same channels?
• Did any problems arise from the content being distributed incorrectly?